Liquor License Application Process

We encourage the application process to be completed electronically. Please give us a call or email if you have any questions!


Police Administration
Ph: 503-526-2264
Public Safety Center
6125 SW Hall Blvd.
Beaverton, OR 97008

Who needs a liquor license?

Anyone who sells or offers to sell alcoholic beverages. Oregon Revised Statutes state the requirement of holding a liquor license in order to sell alcohol (ORS 471.405) and define various activities that constitute a "sale" (ORS 471.406).

How do I get a liquor license?

The process starts with you visiting the Oregon Liquor Control Commission (OLCC) webpage for Liquor Licensing and completing their Liquor License Application. If you have any questions on how to fill out their application, you need to contact OLCC. We cannot advise you on what license type to select or what information to provide. Once you have your OLCC application complete, save it to your computer. 

What do I need from the City of Beaverton?

First and foremost, please confirm the address of your establishment is actually within Beaverton City limits, here. A Beaverton address may fall within the unincorporated Washington County jurisdiction (which in that case, you would proceed with Washington County Sheriff's Office to get your local endorsement). If the map says "In City? IN" then you are in the right place!

Next, if you have not already, contact the City of Beaverton Business Licensing to apply for a business license. Business licenses are processed on the next business day if they are submitted online before 8:00pm and they are emailed to the email address they have on the application. If you have any questions about the zoning of your business location, please contact the city's Planning Division at 503-526-2420 or email Planning Division

The City of Beaverton has an application form for you to complete and include with the OLCC application. You may obtain the city's form by downloading the PDF, here: Beaverton's Liquor License Application. You may also give us a call at 503-526-2264 and we can email it to you. 

Once you have the city's form complete, include it with your OLCC application document, and scan/email it to us at Once your application packet is received, we will give you a call to take your payment over the phone. You may also bring your application packet, along with a check or credit card, to the front desk at the Beaverton Public Safety Center, Monday-Friday from 9:00am-5:00pm. Call us at 503-526-2264 if you have additional questions.

Are there fees involved?

Beaverton requires the following processing fees for Liquor License Applications. please make checks payable to the City of Beaverton; credit/debit cards are accepted as well:

  • New Outlets: $100
  • Change of Ownership: $75
  • Greater Privilege: $75

The OLCC may have additional fees.

How long does it take to receive an endorsement from the city?

Your application will be submitted to the City Council for review and a newspaper ad will be published regarding the request for a liquor license within the City of Beaverton. The city has 45 days to complete their endorsement, but it generally takes between two to five weeks. You will be contacted once your application has appeared before City Council and the Chief of Police has signed your application. 

We can email you the city-endorsed liquor license application packet to you, or you may pick it up from the Public Safety Center. Once you have your completed application packet, you will proceed with OLCC for next steps.

Do I need to renew my license through the city?

There is a renewal process for all annual liquor licenses. Around the beginning of December each year, you will receive a letter from us letting you know it's time to renew your license. At this time, you will be given an opportunity to update the information we have on file for your establishment. The city's renewal fee is $35. 

What if I need a Temporary/Special Event Permit?

On this OLCC webpage, under Special Event/Temporary Sales License Forms & Guides, select the appropriate application for your needs and fill it out. If your event is within the City of Beaverton's jurisdiction, scan and email your application to We will have a member of the Sr. Command Staff sign your permit and then we will email it back to you. If you need your application signed the same day, we recommended you call ahead (503-526-2264) to verify a signer is available. Typically, we are able to get your temporary permits signed and back to you within 24 hours during the work week. There is no city fee for temporary permits (OLCC may still charge a fee).