Records Request & Fee Schedule
Requests to receive copies of a police report should be submitted online at the City’s Police Records Request Portal.
If needed, you may submit requests over the phone, in person, or by mail. If you are able, please provide the case number when making your request. If the case number in unknown, provide as much information regarding the report as possible, such as the case number, date and time of occurrence, location, type of case, and involved parties.
Request Process for General Public, Insurance, and Attorneys
- Request Reports via the online portal - Police Records Request Portal
- You may also call, write, or come in person if necessary
Address: 6125 SW Hall Blvd. Beaverton, OR 97008
- The report goes through an approval process that can take 10-15 business days.
- After the approval process has been completed, the requestor will be notified via email, letter, or phone if their request has been approved and of any fees (typically $20 per report).
- Requestor pays any fees associated to the request. You may pay online via the records portal.
- The requestor will get their report delivered electronically via the public records portal, by mail, or come to the station, present ID, pay any fees, and obtain their report.*
Please note: If someone other than the requestor will be picking up the report, please let Records staff know ahead of time.
Request Process for Law Enforcement and Government Agencies
- Please email your request to email@example.com – this is only for government agencies. General public requests must follow the above process.
- Government entities must certify that they are not making requests for the purposes of immigration enforcement.
Citation requests can be processed immediately in person and have a fee of $5 per citation.*
Good Conduct Letters
The Beaverton Police Department provides background checks regarding criminal charges for our jurisdiction only. This is called a Good Conduct Letter.
- Requestor makes the request for their own Good Conduct Letter via the Police Records Request Portal or in person if necessary.
- Records personnel process the request and create the letter, which is notarized by Records staff.
- Requestor pays the $10 fee online.
- The requestor will be notified when the letter is ready for electronic delivery or pick-up.
To request a background check for the whole state of Oregon on yourself or another person, please contact the Oregon State Police at 503-378-3070.
Information can be found on the Oregon State Police website.
Beaverton Police charges fees to recover the cost of processing records requests. Fees are waived for crime victims.
We accept all major credit cards in person EXCEPT AMEX. We also accept cash, but ONLY for exact amount charged.